Risk is too often only used to describe an organisation’s ability to respond to non-routine events. A key factor in risk management is the capability of the organisation to recognise and respond to early warnings and embed effective communication and change strategies. Faulty and poor communication is a key fault line in the failure of risk management. This fault has often characterised many of the recent corporate and operational catastrophes and the failure to respond to indicators from the background organisational noise and clutter may not be the result of inattention but more complex failures in the functionality, processes and controls.
Pario’s core capabilities cover the delivery of risk management, controls and methodologies including governance business strategies, modelling and change systems. These modelling and change systems include crisis management tools and methodologies and are informed through practical applications. Our academic and professional experience and qualifications in risk are significant and have included the delivery of risk strategies at the national, organisational and project levels in policy development and business applications with services including:
- Risk management strategies and applications
- Risk audit frameworks and tools
- Risk management predicative and crisis management applications
- Operational risk modelling – financial, corporate and operational
- Risk management training
Risk is more rigorous concept than simply the exercise of defining an organisation’s critical issues. Risk Management should apply to all activities across your organisation and should not be viewed as an ‘add-on’. Pario provides business and corporate solutions informed through theoretical and practically focussed risk modelling and better practice strategies. Relevant experience and consulting services have included:
Program risk management modelling involving the delivery of nationally significant projects and outcomes on behalf of the Commonwealth for a national program of reform and change management.
- Cargo targeting risk framework and modelling system for the Commonwealth
- Crisis risk management system and link analysis framework and operating strategy for the Commonwealth
- Risk management training across a wide range of government and commercial sector clients
- Maritime and supply chain risk management strategies and systems